Epinay Business and Enterprise School is lead school of the Epinay Teaching School Partnership. As an outstanding school Epinay works in close collaboration with our core partners towards our vision of providing high quality support, training and guidance in Special Education Needs, across the North East region and beyond.
Every learner has the potential to be outstanding in their own journey – our children, young people, teachers, support staff and wider communities alike.
As a teaching school partnership our focus of support lies across the following areas:
- Playing a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
- Leading peer-to-peer professional & leadership development
- Identifying and developing leadership potential
- Providing support for other schools
- Designating and brokering specialist leaders of education (SLE)
- Engaging schools in innovative approaches to research and development
All schools who are members of the Epinay Teaching School Partnership benefit from effective support to improve learning outcomes for pupils and continued professional learning (PL) of teachers, potential teachers, support staff and wider workforce.
This is achieved through:
- Improved professional learning opportunities for staff
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other teachers, leaders and learning communities
- Recruitment and retention of talented staff, including NQTs
- Additional income from traded activities
- Cost savings through shared functions
- Access to funding and grants to support Teaching Schools
- Improved leadership and teaching standards which yield improved outcomes for children
It is our expectation that all partner schools should be supported fully to become Outstanding schools and have the expertise and capacity to be able to become full contributors to all areas of the teaching school partnership.